The Mongoose bike brand manufacturers a large quantity of high quality bikes, offering many different types for you to choose from. The large variety of bikes available makes it easy for you to choose a cool Mongoose bike to suit your needs. Since the list of Mongoose bikes includes different styles, colors and various other elements, consider the ways in which you will be using the bike before looking for a certain style. The best Mongoose bike for you is one that is designed to perform in the way you intend to use it, such as for long distances or tricks, and also fits your body correctly.
>> Consider the use
As you decide which new Mongoose bike you want to buy, consider which type you want. The type of Mongoose bike that's best for you depends on what you want to do with the bike.
• Freestyle riding: Buy a Mongoose freestyle bike if you enjoy riding Mongoose bikes on flat land and vertical hills or skateboard ramps. Buy Mongoose bikes in this style if you enjoy performing tricks while riding on streets and other level pavements or on skateboard ramps, half-pipes, blocks and other types of obstacles commonly used in skateboarding and freestyle biking.
• Dirt jumping: Mongoose BMX bikes, specifically the Mongoose dirt jumping bikes, perform well on dirt roads, where there are hills that you can jump over and perform tricks such as flips. If you frequently enjoy the competition of a bike race or enjoy doing tricks in the air after jumping over dirt hills, then the best Mongoose bike for you may be a dirt jumping bike.
>> Consider the fit
When you buy a Mongoose bike, one of the most important features is a bike with a good fit for your body. A Mongoose bike model that fits will provide years of enjoyment.
• Standover height: Consider the standover height of the Mongoose bike by straddling it, then picking it up from the ground until it touches your crotch. The best Mongoose bike for the mountains and back roads terrain should provide two inches of space, unless it is equipped with a full suspension. A road bike should provide one inch of space for easy hopping on and off and for the best maneuverability while riding the bike.
• Top tube length: When buying a Mongoose bike model, be sure the top tube length, the horizontal tube that runs lengthwise along the bike's frame, is the right size for you. Sit on the saddle and grab the handlebars. If your knees hit the bar, then the top tube is too short.
• Seat height: Sit on the seat and place your foot on the pedal, while it is down as far as it can go. Your bike is the right seat height if your knee is bent slightly and not fully extended. If it's not right, adjust it or ask a sales person to adjust it for you until it fits right. The best Mongoose bike for you has a seat adjustment that fits you.
>> Consider the frame
Mongoose bike sizes vary, so when buying a new Mongoose bike, consider the bike's frame. The frame should be of good quality. Buy a mountain bike or road bike that's made of lightweight aluminum, or buy one with a composite frame such as carbon fiber. Mongoose heavy people bikes are specifically made with a frame to accommodate the larger person.
>> Consider the braking
When you buy a new Mongoose bike, consider the braking system. If hand strength is not your strong point, consider buying a bike with a foot brake system instead of the hand brake system. Purchase a Mongoose bike model with brakes that feel comfortable to apply and respond well. If you are interested in spinning handlebars, look for a bike that is equipped with cable detanglers to prevent the brake cables from getting crimped during spinning. If you want to do freestyle, you want a bike with front hand brakes.
>> Consider the color
As you're shopping for a new Mongoose bike, consider the color of the bike. You may be spending a good deal of time on your bike and you want to get one that is a color you like. Mongoose girl's BMX bikes and Mongoose boy's bikes are specifically made to appeal to each gender, with the usual colors that each gender tends to prefer.
>> Consider the finishing touches
Consider the finishing touches on your Mongoose bike. Decorative touches, such as racing stripes, add personality to your bike. Also, consider the seat style. Most road racing saddles are long and narrow with a hole in the middle, while a touring bike's saddle is wide and plush. Sit on it for a while to see if it's comfortable for you.
There are many types of Mongoose bikes to choose from, making shopping for one a fun prospect. Mongoose makes bikes for all types of people, including Mongoose kids bikes. By remembering the features that you need, you are sure to find the best Mongoose bike.